Although you may drive safely, not all drivers follow the rules of the road. Whether you’re behind the wheel of your personal vehicle, a passenger in a car, walking in a crosswalk, on a public transportation bus, or riding a motorcycle or bicycle, an auto accident can happen at any time. Drivers are negligent and practice unsafe behaviors every day.
If you’ve been seriously injured in a motor vehicle accident and believe the incident was caused by negligence, a Williamsport auto accident lawyer from Stapp Law, LLC can protect your rights. We understand how insurance companies work and what shortcuts they often take to try and protect their profit margins. We aren’t afraid to go the extra mile to get you the financial compensation you need to recover.
Compensation for All Types of Motor Vehicle Accidents
No two motor vehicle accidents are the same. Every single accident that occurs has vastly different details—from the initial cause that started the collision to the details that make up the insurance matters, the medical expenses that have accrued, and the expenses of any vehicle repairs. It simply doesn’t make sense to treat every case with a one-size-fits-all approach, so we never do.
At Stapp Law, LLC, we handle the following types of motor vehicle accidents and more:
- Car Accidents
- Truck Accidents, involving large commercial tractor-trailers
- Motorcycle Accidents
- Bicycle Accidents
- Pedestrian Accidents
- Bus Accidents, including public transportation buses, school buses, and tour buses
- Rideshare Accidents involving an Uber or Lyft vehicle
When to Get a Lawyer After an Auto Accident
If you’re unsure of whether you have a potential auto accident claim, below are just some of the reasons why a victim may be able to file a claim with the help of an auto crash lawyer:
- If you weren’t at fault for the accident
- If you believe you weren’t at fault yet are being blamed by your insurance company or the other driver’s insurance company
- If you were partially at fault (even if you were partially at fault, you may still be eligible for compensation)
- If you are getting treated unfairly or were offered an unfair settlement amount by an insurer
At Stapp Law, LLC, we treat every auto accident case with the utmost of care. You’ll get our personal attention every step of the way.
Benefits of Reaching Out to an Auto Accident Lawyer Quickly
It can understandably be difficult to deal with the day-to-day challenges immediately following an auto crash. If you’re in this situation currently, you may feel that it’s best to wait before consulting with a lawyer. However, this could be a big mistake. Here are some of the things an experienced auto collision attorney can do to protect you and your family if you reach out to one as soon as possible after an accident:
- Protect you from insurers. Auto insurance companies can be relentless after an accident and try and get you to settle early or hound you for documentation that you may not be ready to submit yet. An attorney can handle communications with any insurers and ensure they get the proof from your medical team that they need.
- Gather evidence ASAP. If you wait too long to contact an attorney if you decide to file an automobile accident claim, evidence like skid marks on the road or debris can disappear over time. The quicker you start an investigation, the more time your attorney has to gather that evidence as well as review documentation, interview eyewitnesses, and contact accident reconstruction experts.
- Help you get the necessary medical aid. Through networks of care providers, an experienced lawyer may be able to recommend the right specialists you need to see and help get the right paperwork to ensure your insurance company and employer have everything they need to properly handle matters.
- Build the strongest case possible. Motor vehicle lawsuits are complex. If you were in a wreck with a commercial truck, for example, the trucking company will try their hardest to limit their liability and payout obligations. With an attorney on your side building a strong case against them early on, you have the highest chance possible of going against that company successfully.
- A clear prognosis. Having a lawyer on your side will ensure that your medical team is able to deliver a clear prognosis about your care and recovery options. You and your family will have a plan for the future as well as peace of mind.
- Make life easier. A lawyer can handle certain practical and financial matters while you focus on your medical treatment and recovery. They can take over communications with creditors or your employer if necessary and may be able to negotiate deals with creditors to lessen your family’s financial burdens.
Even if you’re unsure if you have a potential claim, it’s a good idea to contact a lawyer regardless. Most personal injury lawyers can provide you with a free consultation with zero obligations. This way, you’re able to know what your options are for certain.
Contact a Motor Vehicle Wreck Lawyer Today
At Stapp Law, LLC, we proudly represent clients who have been injured in auto wrecks throughout central Pennsylvania. We have over 20 years of experience and a strong record of success. If you have any questions or would like to schedule a zero-obligation case evaluation, we encourage you to get in touch with us today. The sooner you contact us, the quicker we can get started on helping you move forward.