Your Trusted Legal Ally After A Motor Vehicle Accident
Compensation For Injuries From Car, Truck And Motorcycle Crashes
Although you may drive safely, not all drivers follow the rules of the road. In the aftermath of a collision, you may be focused on recovering from the injuries that you sustained, not taking legal action. Unfortunately, in Pennsylvania, there is a limited amount of time you have to file a claim against a negligent driver. Don’t let time go by before getting the legal counsel you need.
Consider The Benefits Of Working With Stapp Law, LLS
I am attorney Gregory Stapp. I understand that it can be difficult to know what steps to take when you are struggling with physical and emotional trauma related to your accident. At my Williamsport law firm, I have represented hundreds of accident victims and their loved ones over the past 20 years.
When you hire me to represent you, you can rest assured that I will provide the information that you need to make knowledgeable decisions and address all of your concerns.
Challenging Insurance Companies And Negligent Drivers On Your Behalf
As a skilled trial attorney, I have decades of experience arguing claims in court and resolving matters in negotiating sessions with insurance companies and professional trucking companies. Whether you have sustained injuries as a result of the reckless or negligent acts of another, I can help you. I advocate for clients involved in these collisions:
- Car crashes — Were you hit by an inattentive, intoxicated or drowsy driver?
- Tractor-trailer accidents — Was the commercial driver compliant with Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) regulations? Driving without breaks, failing to maintain equipment and ignoring weight limits for cargo are just a few of the violations truck drivers can commit that can have catastrophic consequences.
- Pedestrian accidents — Did a driver fail to obey the rules of the road when you were crossing the street?
- Motorcycle accidents — Was your motorcycle accident caused by a motorist who failed to see your bike on the road, forgot to use a turn signal or aggressively maneuvered around your vehicle?
If the auto accident was not your fault or even if another party was partially responsible, I will meet with you to go over the facts and determine whether you may be entitled to financial compensation for your injuries, work loss, medical expenses and other losses that you have suffered, as well as those losses that you are likely to face in the future.
‘Why Should I Talk With An Attorney Before I Know If I Need One?’
As you cope with moment-by-moment and day-to-day challenges after a crash, you may be tempted to wait awhile to consult with a lawyer. However, this can be a big mistake. Here are some of the most important reasons to consult with an attorney sooner rather than later:
- Medically speaking, it is crucial for you to get evaluated for injuries as soon as possible, to allow care providers to give you appropriate treatments and recommendations. Keeping your lawyer informed will contribute to a strong case.
- An insurer or another legal opponent may scrutinize your actions after an accident. If they discover that you did not get prompt medical attention and did not document your compliance with doctors’ advice, they may argue that you did not act in good faith to promote your own healing.
- Gathering evidence and preparing a compelling case on your behalf will take even an experienced motor vehicle accident lawyer time.
- Accident reconstruction work involves interviewing eyewitnesses, photographing wrecked vehicles, reviewing police reports, and documenting road and traffic conditions at the time of the accident. All these types of evidence may be altered or disappear if you let too much time go by.
- A clear prognosis of your physical recovery typically takes time. To ensure you are maximizing the chances of a successful injury claim, you should have an experienced lawyer on your side through all phases of the aftermath of an accident, including emergency care, follow-up care, rehabilitation and assessment of your progress once most treatments have run their course.
- Your legal opponents, such as a trucking company, will likely have lawyers at work to limit their liability and/or payout obligations. To even the playing field, you will fare best if you have your own attorney building a strong case for you.
- A personal injury lawyer can help you in practical ways from the beginning. For example, through networks of care providers, your attorney may be able to recommend the right specialist for you to work with as you seek maximum healing. Your attorney may succeed at lightening your financial burdens through communications with other parties such as your employer, your landlord or mortgage company, your credit card companies and other creditors.
- Having an advocate dedicated to your well-being can bring relief to you and your family while you focus on getting well.
- Initial personal injury consultations are free. It makes sense to get a no-obligation case analysis as soon as you can.