A motor vehicle wreck—whether it’s an accident between two passenger vehicles, a large commercial truck, or a vehicle and a motorcycle, bicycle, or pedestrian—can be devastating. A serious accident can leave an individual or family financially, mentally, and emotionally struggling on top of any injuries that took place. The outcome may seem even worse if the accident was caused by someone else’s negligence or you’re dealing with an insurance company that’s handling the matter unfairly or wrongfully placing you at blame for the incident.
If you or someone you love has been injured in an automobile accident in central Pennsylvania and are in this situation, you may be comforted to know that you can take legal action with the help of an experienced Lewisburg auto accident lawyer. Taking legal action will not erase the accident and the consequences of it, but holding the negligent party accountable can bring peace of mind and give a struggling family the financial compensation they need to move forward.
At Stapp Law, LLC, we’re proud to help those in Lewisburg and the surrounding communities in Union County who have had their lives turned upside down from a serious accident. We give every case 100% of our attention and will do whatever we can to make the recovery process easier to navigate and manage.
Types of Auto Accident Cases We Handle
A one-size-fits-all approach simply doesn’t work for personal injury claims. While many larger law firms aim to handle all cases the same way, at Stapp Law, LLC, we recognize the differences between every auto accident and know that to build as strong of a case as possible, those differences need to be considered. We look at every detail of the incident and build evidence, compile testimony, and consult accident reconstruction experts based on those fine details.
We have the expertise and knowledge to handle the following types of motor vehicle wreck claims:
- Car Accidents
- Truck Accidents
- Motorcycle Accidents
- Bus Accidents (public transportation buses, school buses, and tour buses)
- Bicycle Accidents
- Pedestrian Accidents
If you are unsure if you’re eligible to file a lawsuit against a driver that was negligent, a trucking company that may have been responsible for putting a defective vehicle on the road, or any other situation that led to an auto wreck, you may want to call our office to set up a case evaluation at no cost or obligation to you. We will be happy to answer any questions you may have and tell you if it’s in your best interest to take legal action.
Compensation You May Be Able to Recover
If your motor vehicle accident claim is successful, you may be able to receive compensation that can go towards the following expenses:
- Medical expenses, including hospital stays, doctor’s visits, at-home care, therapy visits, prescription costs, and more
- Economic losses, such as lost wages from time spent off work
- Property damage, such as vehicle repairs or a replacement car
- Funeral and burial expenses in a situation where a loved one passed away in the accident
- Non-economic expenses that are still quantifiable, like pain and suffering and loss of consortium
In some rare instances, such as in a case involving a high-profile company or someone who is facing criminal charges as well, you may additionally be able to receive punitive damages, which act to punish someone who committed a serious wrongdoing and deter them from taking similar actions again.
It’s also important to note that even if you were partially liable for the accident, you may still be able to receive partial compensation in the state of Pennsylvania, depending on the case itself and its details.
How Much Is My Auto Accident Claim Worth?
There is no way to tell right away how much a given claim may be worth. Every case is different. All the following factors affect the value of a motor vehicle crash claim:
- The severity of the injuries
- The extent of the property damage
- How long the injuries or impairments from the injuries will last
- The projected outcome of the injuries (if the victim may be able to eventually regain function, for example, or if the injuries are permanent)
- The effect the injuries have and will continue to have on the victim and their family (this includes physical health as well as emotional and financial wellbeing)
- Whether the victim received the recommended medical care and followed all suggestions from their doctors and medical team
- Who is liable for the injuries and whether partial liability is a factor
- The location of the lawsuit (state and county)
What we can tell you is that Stapp Law, LCC is committed to doing whatever we can to get you the maximum compensation you are eligible for if you decide to let us represent you. We’ll work with local insurance agencies and medical experts to ensure you have the strongest case possible when going up against the opposition. If your case goes all the way to trial, we will not hesitate to fight for your rights in court. We have the proven courtroom experience and understand how to navigate complex auto injury cases in Lewisburg, PA.
To learn how we can potentially help, please get in touch with a Lewisburg auto accident lawyer from Stapp Law, LLC today. With our help, you can find the road to recovery.